Police Officer- Civil Service Transfer
Join us as a police offer through a Civil Service Lateral Transfer. Bring your expertise to our dedicated team and continue your mission of saving lives and protecting the community. Make a real difference and take your career to new heights with us.
*These are the minimum qualifications necessary by law to be considered for this position. If you do not have the needed experience or equivalent experience required for this role, kindly consider applying for another position with us.
1. Meeting all City of Albany civil service requirements
2. Must be currently employed with an agency and have successfully reached permanent status at your current place of employment (off of the required probationary period)
a. Roster card, current job description, and the examination announcement for the entry-level law enforcement exam you passed must be provided by your current employer/civil service agency.
b. Includes employment as a New York State (NYS) Municipal Police Officer, NYS Park Police, SUNY Police, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation Police, NYPD Officer, and NYC Department of Environmental Protection Police Officer.
c. Excludes employment as a NYS Trooper or MTA Police
3. Have a valid NYS Driver’s License
4. Successfully completed the New York State DCJS basic Course for Police Officers or a be certified Police Officer by NYS DCJS
5. Submit to background investigation and the hiring practices of the Albany Police Department’s Office of Professional Standards.
6. Live within the five contiguous counties of Albany County by start date
7. Subject to probationary period as governed by the Albany Municipal Local Civil Service Rules.